Mar 3, 2010

2010 New Year, New Look!

So i have not been the best at keeping up with my poor blog. But since we are a good 3 months into 2010 i though i would give it a face lift and start writing in it again.

On mondays after work i usually go work out at the gym, stop by the grocery store on the way home. and then go home to cook a dish that i can take to work with me for lunch the rest of the week.
Yesterday i did mondays routine. On the way home i picked up the essential ingredients for my Greek Penne Pasta and Chicken Recipe. It tastes amazing!
i love it. its very good re-heated. and i will be eating it for lunch tomorow and friday. the only thing that surprised me was the strength of the artichocke hearts have. next time ill use a little less of those and a little more fetta chesse.
i like making a yummy dish to bring to work for lunch. it saves me money and its heathier. last week was an odd week for me and i didnt get a chance to make anything, so i ate lunch out. I spend almost 3 times as much as i usually do on food. it made me mad!
while at the store i picked up come chorizo, im not sure what im going to make with it. but its in the fridge just waiting for my cooking creativity to come out.
i also bough a can of hominy. also at home waiting for me. nexts week's lunch could be sooo yummy.
Any ideas? im open to suggestion.

1 comment:

Erica Stark said...

This is not creative, but another way to save money is to keep a can or of soup in one of your desk drawers at work. Campbell's now makes the chunky kind, and there are other brands, and there are even low fat/low sodium options. Keep one or two in your drawer in case you didn't manage to bring something with you and you don't wanna spend money. Boring, I know, but it will save you money and it tastes pretty good in a bind!

Love you! Can't wait to see the new & improved Meg blog.