Sep 1, 2007

My new purse.


I have had this older purse for a while. I made it over two years ago when I needed something to carry books to school in, and I didnt want to use a backpack.
I didnt wash the materia before I made it, so the first time I washed it after it got real dirty, to my surprise, it shrunk. I have still used it, but stuff didnt fit in it the same way. I havent washed it again, and it started to look real grungy quite a while back.
After many days of thinking that I neede a new purse, today I finally finished it. I started it on friday, but then had to go to work so I didnt get it all done in one day. These are the pictures, the orange pocket on the front is the perfect size for my planner and the gray pocket holds by pens and markers. Inside the back lining I added another division so that my personal stuff can be separated from my school books.
My favorite part is the little owl on the bottom left corner, I painted him myself. He is the perfect detail that my bag was missing.

1 comment:

Erica Stark said...

Wow. You're getting really creative. When did you learn how to paint little animals on fabric?