Jul 13, 2010

A Dress

This is the first dress that i have made with out a pattern. For it being a first, i dont think it came out to bad. I learned a lot and will be giving this idea a second try here soon.
Here is the inspiration behind the dress: Here is the sketch of what i wanted it to look like, it was pretty close, but not quite the same.
Here is the dress. I made it out of some material i picked up at Ikea. I know its like not supposed to be for a dress, but its thinker than some material and i though it perfect for a dress.
The back of the dress. There are still a few things i need to work out, but it doesnt look to bad from far away.
The neck line. I like that it looks delicate the way the material is gathered.
The front of the dress. It shows how the gathering.
And since the dress turned out to be a bit short for my liking. I folded it under to see what it would like like as just a shirt.
The end.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is SOOO cute!!! i'm amazed at your pattern making!!!!